Every account has only one Account Owner role. The account owner can be changed if that user leaves the organization or if a different user should be the main point of contact in ContractSafe.
If you are the current Account Owner and you wish to change that role to another user in ContractSafe, you can make that adjustment yourself using the User Settings.
First, head to Settings and select Users
Find the user that should be made the Account Owner, and under Role choose Account Owner
You'll be asked to confirm the change because this will move your own role to an Admin since there is just one Account Owner permitted per account. To confirm the change, click Yes.
Has the current Account Owner already left the organization? No worries! There are still a couple ways to make this change:
1) If you have access to their email address, you can reset their password on the login page. Once you have access to their account, you can make the change of Account Owner yourself via the steps above.
2) If you don't have access to their email address and cannot reset their password, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can make this change for you, but will need approval from a C-Suite executive and there are two ways for us to receive executive approval: 1) We can call them at the publicly listed company phone line or 2) They can provide a signed letter by them on company letterhead.
Here is a list is approved titles we would be able to make the change for:
- CEO - Chief Executive Officer
- CTO - Chief Technology Officer
- COO - Chief Operating Officer
- CFO - Chief Financial Officer
- CPO - Chief Product Officer
- CINO - Chief Innovation Officer
- CSO - Chief Sustainability Officer
- CXO - Chief Experience Officer
- CMO - Chief Marketing Officer
- CHRO - Chief Human Resources Officer
- GC - General Counsel