This is an article for Users who have been invited into a ContractSafe account on a read-only basis. You'll be up and running in no time!
Someone has invited you to use ContractSafe and given you read-only permission. Now what
ContractSafe makes it easy to:
- Find what you are looking for quickly, even within scanned documents
- Make sure you are reminded of key contract dates
- Collaborate with your co-workers
This guide will help you find what you want on our platform -- from key terms to important dates and much more. You can also see this page for a quick (12 min) introduction to ContractSafe.
Let’s get started!
1. Set up your password and log into your ContractSafe account
You received an email invitation from ContractSafe to create a user account. Click on the link in this email to set your password. For security reasons, invitation emails expire after 24 hours. If your invitation has expired, please ask your account administrator to re-send you the invitation.
2. Take a look around the Dashboard
- Folders. You can see all the Folders you have been given permission to access. You can click on any Folder to see all those documents under that Folder.
- Key Dates. You can quickly see any upcoming contract dates at a glance for documents you have access to. Or switch over and take a look at any contract dates that may have just passed.
- Saved Views. Besides the Original View (standard layout) and Upcoming View (shows contracts with upcoming dates) that come with your account, you also have access to any Views shared with you. You can toggle between different Views in seconds depending on which contract details you want to focus on. [Note: Saved Views are available at the Standard subscription level and above]
3. Find the contracts you have been given permission to on your Contract List
After logging in, select Contracts at the top of the page to access your Contract List. This is where all your contracts are listed. Newly uploaded contracts will appear at the top of your Contracts List and will be highlighted. Select a contract (by clicking on it) for more detailed information on that specific contract, such as value, counter-party and additional notes.
You can display your Contract List in different ways by selecting different Saved Views, which you can access at the top right corner of the page, to the left of the Actions button.
[Pro tip: You can also use the search bar at the top right of any page to find any contract with a quick, Google-like keyword search.]
And that’s it! You can get more help by selecting Support under the User Icon at the top of every ContractSafe page (top right). You can also click on the bottom right speech bubble to talk chat with someone. Or feel free to contact ContractSafe directly via chat on the site or at support@ContractSafe.com.