You can now customize User Permissions by folder!
Need to give a user different roles per folder? Introducing complex Permissions! (Note: This feature is only available for the Professional subscription and higher.)
Complex Permissions enables you to customize Roles per folder. For example, you can give a User (or Group) the role of Standard for one folder and Read Only in others. This means the user could moditify data in the folders that they have a Standard role and would not have that capability in the folders where they have a Read Only role.
How to enable Complex Permissions (only Admin and Account Managers can enable complex permissions)
1. Under Settings select Users
2. Toggle the "Complex Permissions" on:
How to assign complex permissions:
1. Select the User's permission
2) Select the PrimaryRole - This will be the role applied to all folders the user has permission to, EXCEPT where complex permissions are given:
3) Select the exception folders AND the role for those specific folders (the folders that the user should have a role different than their primary role). This can be applied in main folders and subfolders:
Note: you can add mutliple users. Here is how to add multiple users.
Note: You can also add multiple users to user groups with complex permissions. Here is how to create user groups.
For a live demonstration of this new feature, please join us at one of our weekly New Features Training Sessions.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please reach out to Customer Success at firstname.lastname@example.org.