With ContractSafe you have the best of both worlds -- fantastic search and the option to use Subfolders too if you'd like!
If your organizational preference is to use Subfolders instead of or in addition to Tags and Custom Fields, you have the option to create and use Subfolders.
1) Turn on Subfolders in your account by going to Settings then to Folders & Tags. Select the toggle for Subfolders Disabled.
2) Once Subfolders are enabled, you can then begin adding them from Settings. You can also add Subfolders from the Dashboard by selecting Manage Folders. To add a Subfolder (and any additional sub-folder layers) simply select +Subfolder, enter the name of the sub-folder and select +Add.
Subfolders are available at our Basic level plan and higher. Only users with Admin rights (Account Owner, Admin, Account Manager) have the ability to enable and manage Subfolders. The maximum number of Subfolder layers/levels within each main folder is four.
Uploading Contracts into Subfolders
You can upload contracts into Subfolders using any of the following methods.
1) Select the Upload Contracts button, select the Subfolder from the drop down menu and then either drag and drop or select the documents to upload. Subfolders are indicated whenever a sideways arrow is displayed.
2) Email in the contract using your email in address located in the Upload Contracts feature, under the drop box. Once you have emailed in the contract, use the bulk action to move your contract to the appropriate Subfolder. Subfolders are indicated whenever a sideways arrow is displayed. The bulk action is initiated by selecting the checkbox to the left of the contract name.
3) Drag and drop the contract into the main Folder on the Dashboard and then click into the main folder. Then, use the bulk action to move your document into the Subfolder. Subfolders are indicated whenever a sideways arrow is displayed. The bulk action is initiated by selecting the checkbox to the left of the contract name.