Administrative Users will learn how to create and manage required fields and forms to indicate which documents have required information! You'll also learn about the new columns and filters available to confirm required fields are completed.
If Non-Administrative User, follow this link for the Standard User guide.
Turn on Required Fields
- From your Settings menu, select Custom Fields & Forms
- Select the Required Fields button to turn this feature on. A green circle indicates it is turned on.
Access the "Edit Forms" Screen to Select Required Fields
Now you can access your Edit Forms screen to indicate which Fields are required within your different Forms. You have two ways to access this screen:
- Select Forms in the top right-hand corner as seen in the previous screenshot.
- Select Edit Forms found in the Forms Dropdown accessible from the Contract Page and shown in the screenshot below.
- Once in the Edit Forms screen (shown below), select the Form that contains fields you would like to require.
- Select Req to indicate a field is required. The button will turn blue and the text will turn red to indicate it is a required field, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select Save Form when done.
Indicate which Documents Contain Required Information
Now you can indicate which documents require information. You have two ways to do this:
- One at a time - Access any document and select the form drop-down box. Select Req to indicate a Form is required for this document, as shown below.
- Bulk edit - Select Contracts to access your Contract List > Check the boxes of the documents you'd like to edit > Select Edit > Select Required Forms from the dropdown options > Check the boxes of the forms required for these documents > Select Save.
- Note: Once completed, users will now be notified if they leave a document without completing all of the Required Fields. Users will also be presented with the Required Form by default when viewing a contract.
Columns and Filters Available from Contract List
You can now add columns and use your filters to create views and reports regarding Required Fields.
- Columns - You can add columns named "Required Fields Missing" and "Required Forms" to assist with managing Required Fields.
- Filters - You can use your Filters from the Contract List to show documents based on what forms are required and/or whether any Required Fields are missing.
- Note: Remember to utilize the saved views and reporting features available on your Contract List to easily find this information or share it with others.